CONGRATULATIONS to the Andover High School Marching Band for a great Fall 2013 season and for earning a Silver Medal (4 stars overall) at MICCA Finals!
- March 6 @ 2:30-5:30: Rehearsal for winds, percussion, and guard
- March 11 @ 7pm: All-Bands Night Concert- 6:30 call time
- March 15: St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Lawrence: 11:00 in uniform and ready for a quick warm up. (Ms. Hofius will be in the band room by 10:15 to open the doors)
- May (date TBD): Spring bottle drive
- May 26: Memorial Day Parades in Andover and Tewksbury
The Andover High School Golden Warrior Marching Band
Primarily for high school students, but open to eighth graders who are prepared for the experience, the AHSGWMB has a reputation for excellence in Massachusetts school marching band festivals. It is run outside of the school day, in similar manner to a varsity sport. Its members (grades 9-12) earn one-half of an academic credit for participating, as well as a varsity letter. The band rehearses three times per week, and performs at all eleven football games, home and away, as well as three or four competitions and numerous ceremonies and parades. A vast majority of the band’s season is concluded by Thanksgiving weekend, but there are still several events at which the band is a presence, such as All-Bands night, and Memorial Day ceremonies. Registration for marching band begins in June for the following school year. There is a four day pre-season camp at the high school, the week prior to the beginning of the school year.
Please review the 2013-2014 Season Band Registration Packet for more information.
If you are a band member, parent, or staff, you may also access the AHSMB members page which has more band information (you will need the password to proceed).